Re: SuSE 9.0 available for download! -- is it 100% redistributable

On Monday 24 November 2003 10:53 pm, you wrote:
>  > is SuSE Linux now 100% redistributable?
>
> The LiveCD ISO and the bootable FTP ISO and the mirrors are
> redistributable.
>
> SuSE has said that they intend YAST/YAST2 to always be free as beer and
> speech.
> I do not believe it is GPL'd, but rather that they explicitly license
> you to copy it, and I don't know about the source code to YAST/YAST2.

From Section 3:

All programmes derived from YaST, and all works derived thereof as a whole or
parts thereof may only be disseminated with the amended sources and this
licence in accordance with 2b). Making YaST or works derived thereof
available free of charge together with SUSE Linux on FTP Servers and
mailboxes is permitted if the licences on the software are observed.

see:
http://www.suse.com/us/private/support/licenses/yast.html