Re: SuSE 9.0 available for download! -- is it 100% redistributable

 > is SuSE Linux now 100% redistributable?

The LiveCD ISO and the bootable FTP ISO and the mirrors are redistributable.

SuSE has said that they intend YAST/YAST2 to always be free as beer and
speech.
I do not believe it is GPL'd, but rather that they explicitly license
you to copy it, and I don't know about the source code to YAST/YAST2.

Perhaps you could poke around on the SuSE site to find the answer to
your question from SuSE.

As far as the CDs and DVDs you get with the packaged product, those I
know for sure include non-free applications and packages. And for those
you'd have to strip them out of whatever you want to re-distribute - and
I suspect what you wind up with is the downloadable SuSE mirrors. So,
the short answer is that you can NOT put up ISOs of SuSE's CDs or the DVDs.

What are the non-free items? Same non-free stuff in all the other
distros - Adobe Acrobat Reader, Sun Java JRE/JDK, Macromedia Flash
plugin, Real One Player, etc. And in the higher priced (~$100 range) you
see things like Codeweaver's Crossover Office and Plugin bundle, WineX,
Star Office, and other various non-free doodads and applications.

There is far more detail on SuSE's site.

Mike/