Re: Computer Stores in the St. Louis Metro East Area.

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 12:32, hcrouch@mchsi.com wrote:
> I'm leaning towards staying with the PCI slot because I've heard that
> AGP boards in computers that are frequently (occasionally) moved have
> been known to become unseated.  I'm also led to believe that the
> increase in performance between an AGP card and a PCI card that are
> otherwise identical is not significant. I am not aware of any price
> differential between the two slots.  And I don't think that there is a
> PCI version of the 7500.

I'd watch this... there is a significant difference in the speed of the
AGP port in general, and especially the newer motherboards. My new mb
(Epox 8RDA+) has an AGP 8x slot in it, which is actually too new for the
card I had... :(    had to use a pci cheepo until I can afford the new
video card.

You can use pci if you want, but just a note, there's a reason why they
product agp card 10 to 1 over the pci cards now... ;)

BTW, my recommendation would be the Radeon 9600 256M (PRO?)  I can't
remember exactly whether it's a PRO or not... but this puppy is a
screamer! And, with 256M of video memory, you'll be upgrading your
entire machine before you upgrade this card! ;)
(this of course is provided the card is compatible with your mb)

Hope you like it! :)
Have fun always!

--
Travis Owens <openbook@linuxmds.com>