Re: RH questions

Hello Mike808,

Wednesday, October 1, 2003, 11:10:04 AM, you wrote:

m> Oh, and you can install Xandros on as many home computers as you like,
m> and one "office" or "commercial use" computer. IMHO, that's reasonably
m> generous.

I agree.

m> I understand those terms to also allow using 'alien' to convert the
m> Crossover .DEB file into an RPM and installing it on another partition
m> - e.g. RH or MDK or SuSE. Since I can only "operate" one partition at a
m> time, and the license is clearly worded in terms of the number of
m> "computers" it is installed on, not the OS it must run on. That too, is
m> pretty reasonable, considering the actions of other software vendors
m> that run on another OS.

Right.. good point.

m> So all of my other distros on other partitions on that drive also
m> inherit the Xandros Crossover features too. :=)

Well put !!! <g>

--
Best regards,
 Gary