Re: Computer Stores in the St. Louis Metro East Area.

KP> Well, we're working on that :-)  Right now my inventory is a bit
KP> hard to access, however...  I have a couple extra 64bit SCSI cards
KP> coming in this week.  We can get great deals on Radeon chipset
KP> Video Cards too :-)

Now we're talking.  I'm considering a Radeon PCI-slot 7000 or 7500.
The 7500 has DVI output, which will set me up for eventual conversion
to a LCD display.

I've heard enough of the whinin', cryin', bitchin', moanin', groanin'
pissin' that nVidia users post to the help forums. I hear ZERO
complaints from ATI users.

I'm leaning towards staying with the PCI slot because I've heard that
AGP boards in computers that are frequently (occasionally) moved have
been known to become unseated.  I'm also led to believe that the
increase in performance between an AGP card and a PCI card that are
otherwise identical is not significant. I am not aware of any price
differential between the two slots.  And I don't think that there is a
PCI version of the 7500.

As for SCSI cards, let's talk Adaptec 2906.  What's yer price?

Are you getting the big picture here?  I don't go for the latest and
greatest and frilliest.  Any card over $100 is too bleeding edge for
me. YES, I'M CHEEP! (or frugal, depending upon your point of view)