using netcat with badblocks output

Ok so I have netcat up and listening on my main workstation(P667).  I've
tested it from my other computer (becks) by echoing some text into netcat and
it works, I get a file with the text on P667.  So netcat is working.
My next problem is figuring out how to get the output of badblocks to redirect
through netcat.
I try piping '|'  I still see output on becks and nothing sent through netcat
to P667.
    badblocks -w -p 4 -b 4096 -c 16384 -s /dev/hda | netcat 1234 192.168.101

If I try redirecting the output with '>' into netcat, badblocks complains
about bad arguments.

Badblocks has a file output option '-o', but if I try to use that and then
pipe or redirect I get error messages from badblocks about bad arguments.

Is there a way to redirect the output file into netcat, or is this one of
those things that I need to redirect STout and STerr (I think those might be
the terms) into netcat?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt Wehland