Re: Logging files remotely through sshd tunnel

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 10:52 am, fiaid@quasi-sane.com (Tighe) replied:

> Well, have you looked into using netcat?  This is pretty much what it is
> used for, well other than the other more nefarious and entertaining
> abilities it can be used for.  Although, I am guessing that because you
> are booting from a CD there is no way to change the contents of that cd,
> unless you wanted to convert it from and iso image into a directory
> structure, add all the libraries and binaries that you need for netcat and
> then redo the iso image.

Duh.  I haven't used netcat before, but I have read about it, just never
thought about it.  I just checked and the BBC cd that I have has v1.10 of
netcat on it.  I'll have to try it.
Thanks for the tip.
In the future I would like to change the cd to include booting up and enabling
networking with ssh, so that I could throw it into a headless machine and
have it boot up able to be ssh'd into.  That way I wouldn't even have to
connect a monitor to the machine for boot up (which is all I need the monitor
for right now).  I would keep it with a dynamic address and then just have to
look the address up from my dhcp server or guess (I'm at my folks house right
now and I don't remember if the older linksys router he has gives decent
logs).

> Tighe

Thanks,
Matt Wehland