Re: traceroute problems

I have tried to run traceroute with -s and -g and still get the same results
I was using this computer ip address given by ifconfig with -s and with -g
192.168.1.1 which is the gateway address i think.  I also tried
iptables -F INPUT
iptables -F OUTPUT
iptables -F FORWARD  this had no effect.

seem to get the same results with the firewall on or off. If there is more
information that might help let me know.

[root@localhost david]# /usr/sbin/traceroute adams.net
traceroute to adams.net (216.138.0.16), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
 1  * * *
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *
 5  * * *
 6  * * *
 7  * * *
 8  * * *
 9  * * *

Then when i run iptables -L i get This is after the firewall has been shut
down in setup.

[root@localhost david]# /sbin/iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)