Re: gcc version?

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:43:11AM -0600, Stephen D Reindl wrote:
> Not that I dissagree, but...... this is constructive?

That's the whole problem.  How can I be constructive?  The only people
who can solve problems with NVidia's drivers are NVidia.  And since
there's a kernel module involved, nobody but NVidia can help you if
you have a kernel problem, whether it relates to their driver or not,
because you don't know what their driver is doing or how it is
affecting the rest of the kernel.

To be really honest with you, I'm starting to feel like a lot of the
kernel developers on this...  It just might be better if Linus didn't
allow closed-source, binary-only kernel modules.