RedHat 7.2 Beta (Roswell)

I've tried Roswell a couple of times.  Both times I installed it, I ended up
reinstalling RH 7.1, which I've found to be very nice.

My thoughts so far on Roswell:

-- Do I care about the ext3 file system?  Probably not.  My machine *rarely*
gets shut down without the "shutdown" command.  If I'd spend the bucks for a
little UPS, it wouldn't happen at all.  The first time I installed the 7.2 beta,
I tried ext3.  It is a little slower, but appears to be otherwise transparent.
The second time I installed it, I went with ext2.  Momma, I'm home!

-- I like the new version of KDE.  It gets a little "smoother" (subjective, I
know) with each release.

-- It wants you to use GRUB instead of LILO.  That's fine with me.
Functionally, I just want to be able to dual boot between RH and Windows Me and
both boot loaders do that very nicely.  (As long as I remember that tiny /boot
partition at the front!)  8-)

-- It doesn't work with my sound card!   Waaaaaaa!   RH 7.1 recognized the
built-in sound card on my Intel 815 motherboard.  Am I asking too much to want
RH 7.2 to continue that tradition?  8-)   Actually, that's the MAIN reason I
reinstalled RH 7.1 -- I gotta be able to play my CD's!

-- Per the release notes, there will no longer be a "PowerTools" CD.  They
included the most popular stuff in the distribution.  I don't know that for a
fact, since I never bothered to look at the PowerTools CD.

My two cents,
Charlie