Re: Router -- WPA = { sym, asym via 802.1x = { Radius, Kerberos,

> The limitation to Radius is a Cisco-Microsoft proliferated non-sense --
> more namely, MS Internet Authentication Service (IAS).  Microsoft
> expects you to _always_ do anything 802.1x through IAS, hence the
> popular "Radius required" myth.  So if you are going to state
> Cisco-Microsoft specifics, please indicate as such.  That was my beef.
> ;->

well the problem being that all of the 802.1x supporting switches and
APs i have used in real life have this limitation.  not a myth anymore
it would seem.

i agree authentication is authentication, and there are lots of ways
of doing authentication, but all of the 802.1x implimentations i have
ran accross thusfar require radius (which isnt a big deal, you can run
a radius server on just about anything nowdays and use it to proxy
authentication against something else)