Re: TV Tuner card - Video for Linux Two

NZG <ngustavson@emacinc.com> wrote ..
> Does anyone have a link to a good list of currently supported TV tuner
> cards in Linux?

Check out sites like MythTV and the TV Tuner apps for starters.

However, pretty much anything with a BT (BrookTree) tuner chip in it will be well supported.

This usually includes the cheap tuners like the ones you're looking at since
the BT chips are cheap and common (obligatory "like my ex-wife <rimshot/>" joke).

The tuners in the Matrox TV cards are Zoran-based, and while the drivers are available, it's rough slogging.

I think they've gotten the recent ATI-AIW cards working, and I know the Hauppage (WinTV) cards are BT-based.

Mike/