Re: considering covad

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 14:50, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> At 02:25 PM 1/27/2004, you wrote:
> > I really wouldn't mind trading off the $45/month cost of
> > two analog lines for better overall service. If it's all plusses, great.
>
> I don't really see how you could get 128Kbps for $40/month, .. especially
> when it's $90 on this side of the river. The $40 rate here is for 20
> hours/month.

Lee,

I currently pay SBC/Ameritech about $45/month for two analog phone
lines, both unpublished. One has call waiting and one doesn't, which I
use strictly for outbound dial-up connectivity to my ISP. I figure the
second line costs me about $30/month including local call charges.

WisperISP's Silver residential service (512K down, 256K up) costs just
$69/mo + $10/mo radio rental. If I drop my second phone line I could
apply that $30/mo to upgrade to Gold service (1M/512k) "for free". Their
residential services don't include static IP addresses, but they can be
had separately.

WisperISP will do a site survey tomorrow. If they can't connect me right
away, they are equipping new towers all the time and could have a
suitable link up in about two months.

Thanks so much to you, Kara, for the tip.

--Doc