Re: OT: FS: Athlon64 Systems

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 07:53:49PM -0600, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Kara Pritchard wrote:
> >Black Midtower Chenbro Case w/ 350W Power Supply
>
> Is 350W enough for the A64 when you add in some more disk?

Hmm...  That should have been 300W.  Kara's confusing a couple of our
power supplies.

I've run a whole system with 5 hard drives on a 250W power supply in
the past, so even with the extra power consumption of the nice video
card and processor, I think 300W can handle a couple of hard drives
just fine.  In any case, we keep some inexpensive 400W power supplies
in stock, so we could probably be convinced to trade the 300W out for
one of those without too much additional cost.

> What about NIC(1,2,10/100?), USB(1,2,?), FireWire, and AC97 (sound)?

We'd be using this board:

  http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-K8VT800.htm

So LAN, USB2, sound, and SATA.

> Front connectors for any of the above?