Odd behavior when using kvm switch

I have been having some odd problems when changing to a linux box using a kvm switch.  If I am in another box and switch to my linux box with a kvm switch the mouse is uncontrollable. The mouse is just all over the screen it starts and stops applications adds text to the term and can not be controlled.  The only way that I have found to stop it is to switch back and forth to another box until it stops it “which sometimes takes 10 changes to get it to stop “ or to ctrl + alt F2 and log in then change back to the X screen. It is very annoying.

Anyone have a better way to deal with this?

Thanks