FC10 to FC11 upgrade

Wow is there alot of stuff broken here. Maybe I should have done a little research before sliding the DVD in and going for it.

First, there appears to be a ton of FC10 stuff left over which breaks the dependencies.
Second, KDE will not work ... period, GNOME however stomps on.

I thought at first the NVIDIA driver broke, but it turns out KDE was broke and not the driver. Following advice from the innertubes ....

Download and install the rpmfusion free and nonfree repo and key.
I removed anything related to qt by "yum remove qt*". So far so good.
Any KDE packages left were removed with "yum groupremove "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
I attempted a reinstall of KDE using yum groupinstall, however yum complained about a few dependencies being broken. Namely avahi and poppler. I attempted to remove each and yum once again complained about broken dependencies. Finally getting down to individual dependencies I removed each and then moved back to removing avahi and poppler. Phew!
Now I had to reinstall avahi and poppler making sure each was installed using the FC11 version and not FC10.
Finally yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)" and a logout, reboot (old habit :)), switchdesk KDE back to the KDE Desktop and bada bing I was back with all my desktop settings preserved.

I now attemped to run yum update, more broken dependencies .. java-1.6.0-openjdk, I removed it and am presently updating 1908 packages. XChat and Yum Extender remain broken. Hopefully the update will fix those.

I have been using FC9 for over a year and my command line skills were a tad rusty. That'll learn me. I was moving toward the FC12 release, maybe I'll wait for awhile LOL!

Maybe someone will be helped, or maybe I've provided some laughter for my lack of skillz, either way .........

--
What lies ahead of us and what lies behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson