Re: Beta setup question

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:30:23AM -0500, Craig E Ziegel wrote:
> I have a network connection It did 524 updates I loaded my most used
> programs tried to load and actually did load codecs but the symbolic
> links, actual players, and good, bad, ugly, as well as flash will not
> load. Now yum, yumex, package manager what ever is broken. I try to do a
> update or load any program I get the error below.
>
> I tryed yum --enablerepo=rawhide --enablerepo=rpmfusion*rawhide
> --disablerepo=fedora --disablerepo=updates this did not help.

Odd.  Try this as root:

  cd /etc/yum.repos.d
  mkdir 10
  for file in *.repo ; do
    [ -f $file.rpmnew ] && mv -iv $file 10/ && mv -iv $file.rpmnew $file
  done

Then try to update again.

> If it helps to correct this issue yum is broken the error is cannot retrieve
> > > repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rpmfusion-free
> > > please verify path and try again.

Ah, you need to add "--disablerepo=rpmfusion*free" to that yum command
if that keeps up.

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.