[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fedora Core 5 install via hard drive
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Fedora Core 5 install via hard drive
- From: "hugh rhodes" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 16:05:06 -0500
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=KxOjiyy1srYkdNAfZMLrmln7WjnSA2+q+OymIo7KrjiSwhYWt/hiX7F5aU4JnJvXMTd7DILdN4mIh+P6GpOBBnsN646yVPP6/oH95M/ZMBPOMbACa74Xc3pGU/gcR6uUhPmwSHGnsxWzjJZKDHBBDHh8j9hInbijlSW17eyWSBM=
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
hi there ... i've been learning / researching how to install over a
hard drive installation. i think i have it ... but the last time i
tried this it did not allow me to actually install from the image. i
was wondering if i did it right.
i'm booting with a CD-ROM boot image of FC5.
i tell it to boot from the /dev/sda1 disk, and tell it the path of the
file is one of the following:
* /misc/pub/linux/OS/FC5 (where all the files reside uncomperssed).
none of these methods worked last time ... not sure if it were a fluke
or user error. would i be correct in assuming that when i click on
the /dev/sda1 option, and start typing the path in the blank, that the
'root' folder of the drive would be the first folder? there are
several, but the image resides in
[/misc/pub/linux/OS/heidelberg-i386-DVD] for the ISO image. Is there
a different image i should be installing from (or file)?
i know we've discussed this before, however, i'm still having troubles.
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.