Which drives are the best

All,

The other night at the meeting, folks were talking about the quality of
drives.  A colleague of mine (in Europe) is getting ready to buy several
custom servers with ~5 146G SCSI drives each for high-speed sensors.

During the meeting, I thought I heard folks say to always buy Seagate
(and not WD or Maxtor)...not sure about IBM.

Did I get this wrong, and can anyone add some light on the
reasons...reliability, support, heat, etc.?

Thanks,

Chuck King