Re: dual monitor and majordomo

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 17:31 -0600, bntly_rhds wrote:
> qlso, i have tried different monitors so that i can use dual monitor
> support, and it still isn't working.  i either have a bad monitor port
> (i doubt it since i can use both ports independently but not
> cooperatively), or the system doesn't like using the generic nvidia
> driver.  i have a dual nvidia 4mx card on the motherboard.  to my
> knowledge it is "on."  so i'm thinking the computer cannot handle it.
> i'm letting this one go unless someone thinks that if i install the REAL
> nvidia driver that it might work.

You typically must install the Standardware (nvidia) driver from nVidia.
You also configure the driver for nView (aka TwinView) by editing
the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

The only cards I know of with a graphical configuration tool for Linux
is Matrox.  They ported their PowerDesk suite from Windows.

--
Bryan J. Smith                   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org