ndiswrapper

for anyone who had the same problem i had with having a wireless card and no
linux support, this utility seems to run perfect.  I couldnt actually test
the connectivity because i could not get archlinux to install iwconfig and
in their infinite wisdom they did not include it on the install cd.  (never
could get it to install any packages at all actually).

the module loaded properly and i got a wlan0 interface according to
ifconfig.  from what i have read if you make it this far chances are pretty
good it will work.

i will let everyone know how it goes once i get fc2t1 installed on this
laptop.

incidently my wireless card is a broadcom 802.11a/b/g based on the 4306
chipset i believe.  its branded as a dell truemobile 1400.

Casey