Re: *BSD

On Friday, March 12, 2004, at 09:36  AM, hcrouch@mchsi.com wrote:
> You keep telling us how wonderful *BSD is. Now that I know Linux,
> what's my
> incentive for going through the pain and hassle of learning *BSD?
> What can *BSD
> do for me that Linux can't do? What's in it for me?

Rather than describe how good/bad *BSD is, you may want to try FreeBSD
to see for yourself if it meets your needs.  FreeBSD has a LiveCD
called FreeSBIE.  It's not as polished as Knoppix, but it's a start.  I
have copy.  So does Jonathan and a few others.  You can also download
it.  Check the main site for mirrors:

   http://www.freesbie.org/

Or the unpublished and extremely fast mirror care of Will Andrews:

   http://firepipe.net/freesbie/

There also is a torrent for it:

   http://people.su.se/~jj/FreeSBIE-1.0-i386.iso.torrent

Regards,