Re: new forsale list

On Thursday 21 February 2002 10:43 am, you wrote:
>     * The archives are public for now, but we might take some steps to
>       restrict the archives to keep them from being indexed by search
>       engines.

The simple use of an .htaccess file to restrict the archives and then clearly
having instructions that say what the user and password are seems to work
pretty good for SLUUG. See http://www.sluug.org/~archive for the example.

But, then that won't stop goofball posting of URLs like
http://discuss:freely@www.sluug.org/~archive/discuss/ that bypass that. Hehe.

Kewl. Konquerer picks up the IE favicon.ico.

Mike808/