Re: how to hard link directories?

Sorry if this comes off as a dumb question - but why hard links and not
just a sym link?

 From looking up this question, I understood it to not be a matter of
technically impossible, but dangerously impractical. Since a directory,
like a file, have pointers to an inode number, a hard link could be
created, but that it would have the potential, for some reason, to
seriously screw up the file system integrity.

Maybe I misunderstood what I read. Here's the link to the article for
your reading:  http://linuxgazette.net/93/tag/2.html

-Anderson Manly