[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Wednesday, 4/4/2007 Metro East meeting
If folks are interested, perhaps we could compile a list of topics folks
are interested in and others could determine if they want to volunteer
to do a presentation on it down the road...giving them a couple/few
months to prepare. Just a thought.
Off the top of my head, these things sound interesting:
- OpenLDAP (account management)
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Python (as in intro lesson)
- SSH (as in some of the cool options available)
- Rsync (how to sync two locations against each other)
- Smart Cards / PKI / Certificates
- Snort / ARGUS / Base / MySQL (intrusion detection)
- Wireshark (artist formerly known as ethereal)
- Eclipse (as in demo by one of the developers in the crowd)
- Netbeans (as in demo)
- Mono (how to set up/use on Linux)
- How to set up Postfix/amavisd-new/SpamAssassin/ClamAV mail gateway
- Demo of small/cool tools (like ddrescue, etc.)
- Demo of how to set up CUPS/Samba for printing/file share
Steven Pritchard wrote:
> The next St. Louis Metro East meeting of the Southern Illinois Linux
> Users Group is scheduled for Wednesday, April 4, 2007 at the Computer
> Room, located behind Borders (next to Hooters) at 317 Market Place in
> Fairview Heights. As usual, the meeting is at 7 PM.
> Wednesday's topic is TBD, so email me (or the list) if you have any
> suggestions. Bonus points for anyone who wants to give a presentation
> of some sort (even if it is a short one).
> See you there. :-)
To unsubscribe, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.