[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
vmplayer on ubuntu (windows xp install)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: vmplayer on ubuntu (windows xp install)
- From: Tim Hart <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:45:15 -0600
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=RnhbKVZ9gGtuFTaqa8bJ/54PTx3wZ3+qP2He92yaHBKWMozsAxGe7881SyjUgTJAh6rL1dY6XrlH/QK15TPm5X9awnvQvxWfu5majAwVYeKDb8Nm0cfNbTwU6brv+iKpHdjmziEBTF5LbSLW+RDIa8qzRZ8ZtKBJCAyiO5M77Oo=
- Organization: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
For experimentation sake, (hopefully for future replacement of current work machine), I tried installing Windows XP sp2 using vmplayer on ubuntu.
The process seems easy enough, but glitchy at times.
I think the issue is in my initial configuration of vmplayer associating the virtual networking with the hosts nics and such.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=84275 <-- setup guide
The problem occurs when running the windows setup. It completes the file copy and device setup (although it took a few tries. it seems to work best when you leave vmplayer with focus while installing for probably obvious reasons). I insert the key. No problem. Then it "Installing Networking", gets halfway through the progress bar and then either freezes or the virtual system shuts down and closes vmplayer.