Re: General Linux Laptoppin'

When I bought my laptop two years ago, I booted it into Dell's Windows
XP once just to see how much they farted around with it.

Then a minute later I took a regular Windows XP CD and did a complete
reinstall of XP.  I put XP on a 40% partition with NTFS, made a 10%
fat32 partition, then a day or two later installed Redhat 8 on the other
50% of the drive.  The fat32 partition is a nice spot to place files you
want to be writable to both OSes.  Even though Linux can read NTFS it
can't write to it, so the Fat32 partition comes in handy so I can work
with files from both sides of the hard drive.

I'd say install Windows first, then install Linux.  Linux has a better
time adapting to the windows partition to get it to dual boot.  We all
know that Windows doesn't play nice so you don't want to try to get XP
to setup the dual boot.  I use grub for dual booting and it has worked
great for me from RedHat 8 to Fedora Core 3.

Hope this helps!
Ray