Re: General Linux Laptoppin'

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 11:54, NZG wrote:
> As I understand it, I can modify the partition space somehow without
> destroying the information on the existing Windows partition. (I think the
> Debian distro may even be able to do this)
> Has anyone done this before? How well does it work?

The Linux NTFS-LDM code allows you to _safely_ move/resize NTFS
partitions.  Many installers are now including this code.

The only thing dangerous to do to a NTFS filesystem is to modify the
meta-data of the filesystem.  That issue isn't limited to Linux, but to
any OS that didn't create the NTFS filesystem -- even another instance
of the same NT version.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                   b.j.smith@ieee.org
Linux Is Everywhere Insight #5:  Branding Requirements in Licenses