thanks, Public Library of Science/Biology

Hello all,

I just wanted announce our most recent publication:

http://biology.plosjournals.org/plosonline/?request=get-
document&doi=10.1371/journal.pbio.0030013

and say thanks to everyone on this list for their help.  From the
acknowledgments:

http://biology.plosjournals.org/plosonline/?request=get-
document&doi=10.1371/journal.pbio.0030013#ack

<quote>
Finally, we would like to thank the Free Software/Open Source community
for creating wonderful software and for fielding our questions,
especially OpenOffice.org, ImageMagick, BioPerl, and the multitude of
Linux groups.
</quote>

One of the nice features of PLoS is that the copyright is retained by
the author but the content is available for copying and redistributing
in much the same way as FLOSS:

http://www.plosbiology.org/plosonline/?request=get-
static&name=information

<quote>
Scope
PLoS Biology features works of exceptional significance in all areas of
biological science, from molecules to ecosystems, including works at
the interface with other disciplines, such as chemistry, medicine, and
mathematics.

Open-Access
All works published in the PLoS Biology are open access. Everything is
immediately available without cost to anyone, anywhere — to read,
download, redistribute, include in databases, and otherwise use —
subject only to the condition that the original authorship is properly
attributed. Copyright is retained by the author.
<quote>

Again, thanks to everyone for their help.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource.  Distribute FLOSS for
Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent