Re: Question about upgrading to the newest RH beta.

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 12:21:05PM -0600, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> Better to start with a clean slate.

I disagree.  (Somehow I doubt anyone would be surprised by this.  ;)

I've been upgrading my own system from one beta to the next with apt
without any major problems, although I wouldn't suggest it to the
average user.  (The phoebe2 -> phoebe3 transition was almost painless.
Either phoebe1 -> phoebe2 or phoebe1 -> phoebe3 would be *much* more
painful.)

My suggestion would be to wait another week or two and do an upgrade
to 8.1 final from CD.  (No, I don't know yet when the final release
will be, but I'm expecting it any day now.)