Re: zoom modem issues

Look through your modem doc. for the reset code and make sure it is being
sent at the start of a session.  If memory serves, the code is "atz".
That should put the modem back to its power on (stored) defaults.  If it
doesn't, you've got a buggy modem -- maybe there's a firmware upgrade for
it.

Personally, I like US Robotics modems.

Mike