Re: new to the list, grr -> SIU proxy

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 01:45:23AM -0500, Joel A Taddei wrote:
> I'm coming back into the linux world, and i am told for an FTP install
> to go straight for Gentoo Linux

I can't begin to imagine why.

I do HTTP (since FTP sucks) installs of Red Hat all the time, and I
know Debian will install via either as well.  I'm not sure about other
distributions, but obviously those other distributions aren't
important since we don't have them on ftp.silug.org.  ;-)

I've been trying really hard not to get into what I think about Gentoo
on the list.  Let me just say that I don't take it seriously and leave
it at that.