From: Bob Castleberry [mailto:castlebb@cuinc.org]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 10:42 AM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: dial up with winxp

My dial-in server is a suse 8 linux box running mgetty and pppd.  All of
the windows 98 clients that dial in have no problems.  We have just
added a winxp pro laptop at a remote worksite.  The problem is the winxp
machine cannot get to the internet.  After looking into the problem I
find that the 98 clients seem to be automagically adding the remote
machines (dialin server) default route (just like it's supposed to) but
the winxp machine doesn't care that I have "use default gateway on
remote network" checked.  If anyone has seen this before I would love to
hear input on the situation, thanks.

Bob

"Winxp is just like a higher quality heroin.. it's still not good for
us."