Browser disconnects with eBay

I'm behind a firewall, and pretty regularly, I'll get dropped connections with eBay,
(cg1.ebay.com, pages.ebay.com, etc.). I'm behind a firewall, and doing
SNAT (Typical outbound stuff - I run a 192.168 inside, and have a fixed IP outside).

Does anyone else have these sorts of problems? My firewall logs show all sorts
of traffic like the following:

> Sep  2 16:31:48 badpkt:DROP:IN=eth0 OUT=eth1
Packet hosed, came in on 0 (outside interface), and going out on 1 (inside interface).
So far I understand this.

> SRC=216.32.120.133
This originating IP is pages.ebay.com. So far, OK.

> DST=192.168.1.2
This is my internal NATed address. So far, OK.

> LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=113 ID=28516
I don't think these have much informational value, and I only understand what the LEN, TTL, and ID fields are. So far, OK.

> PROTO=TCP
OK. We're using TCP here.

> SPT=80 DPT=2970
They're connecting from their webserver (hence the source port (SPT) of 80).
The destination port (DPT) I'm guessing is on my machine. So far, OK.

> WINDOW=0 RES=0x00 ACK URGP=0
I'm not sure if these have any value either.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the firewall is seeing this as a "bad packet" and dropping the connection?
I can't see why it's dropping the connection.

Can I fix it? Or is eBay doing weird DNS/load balancing stuff that's not really working right, and I'm just SOL?

Here's the output of an 'iptables -L' if that helps:

Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
eth0_in    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
eth1_in    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
eth2_in    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:INPUT:REJECT:'
reject     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
eth0_fwd   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
eth1_fwd   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
eth2_fwd   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:FORWARD:REJECT:'
reject     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpts:bootps:bootpc
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpts:bootps:bootpc
fw2net     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
fw2loc     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
all2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:OUTPUT:REJECT:'
reject     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain @net2all (3 references)
RETURN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 10/sec burst 40
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain all2all (7 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:all2all:REJECT:'
reject     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain badpkt (4 references)
LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level info tcp-options ip-options prefix `Shorewall:badpkt:DROP:'
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level info ip-options prefix `Shorewall:badpkt:DROP:'
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain blacklst (4 references)
DROP       all  --  12.124.134.110       anywhere
DROP       all  --  208.254.24.196       anywhere
DROP       all  --  12.125.43.134        anywhere

Chain common (5 references)
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp echo-request
icmpdef    icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state INVALID
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpts:netbios-ns:netbios-ssn reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:microsoft-ds reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
reject     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:135
DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:1900
DROP       all  --  anywhere             255.255.255.255
DROP       all  --  anywhere             BASE-ADDRESS.MCAST.NET/4
reject     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:auth
DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp spt:domain state NEW
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:auth reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
DROP       all  --  anywhere             fw0
DROP       all  --  anywhere             192.168.1.255
DROP       all  --  anywhere             192.168.2.255

Chain dynamic (6 references)

Chain eth0_fwd (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
badpkt     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           unclean
rfc1918    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
blacklst   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
net2loc    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
net2wap    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain eth0_in (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
badpkt     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           unclean
rfc1918    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
blacklst   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
net2fw     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain eth1_fwd (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
loc2net    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
loc2wap    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain eth1_in (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpts:bootps:bootpc
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp echo-request
loc2fw     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain eth2_fwd (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
badpkt     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           unclean
blacklst   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
wap2net    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
all2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain eth2_in (1 references)
dynamic    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
badpkt     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           unclean
blacklst   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpts:bootps:bootpc
wap2fw     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain fw2loc (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ssh
all2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain fw2net (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ntp
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:ntp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:cvspserver
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:cvspserver
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:http
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:https
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:nicname
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp echo-request
all2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain icmpdef (1 references)

Chain loc2fw (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:time
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:time
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ntp
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:ntp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:cvspserver
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:cvspserver
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:snmp
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:snmp
all2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain loc2net (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ircd LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:loc2net:REJECT:'
reject     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ircd
LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp spt:ftp-data dpts:1024:65535 LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:loc2net:ACCEPT:'
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp spt:ftp-data dpts:1024:65535
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain loc2wap (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain logdrop (37 references)
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:rfc1918:DROP:'
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain net2all (3 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
common     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:net2all:DROP:'
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain net2fw (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
@net2all   tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             dark.sluug.org     icmp echo-request
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ms-sql-s
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:smtp
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ftp
net2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain net2loc (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
@net2all   tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpts:4000:4100
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:auth
reject     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:http
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:nfs
DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:nfs
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:xfs
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpts:x11:6009
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:printer
DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:printer
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:sunrpc
DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:sunrpc
net2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain net2wap (1 references)
[...]

Chain newnotsyn (12 references)
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain reject (8 references)
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with tcp-reset
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

Chain rfc1918 (2 references)
RETURN     all  --  255.255.255.255      anywhere
DROP       all  --  169.254.0.0/16       anywhere
logdrop    all  --  172.16.0.0/12        anywhere
logdrop    all  --  192.0.2.0/24         anywhere
logdrop    all  --  192.168.0.0/16       anywhere
logdrop    all  --  0.0.0.0/7            anywhere
logdrop    all  --  2.0.0.0/8            anywhere
logdrop    all  --  5.0.0.0/8            anywhere
logdrop    all  --  7.0.0.0/8            anywhere
logdrop    all  --  10.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  23.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  27.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  31.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  36.0.0.0/7           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  39.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  41.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  42.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  58.0.0.0/7           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  60.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  70.0.0.0/7           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  72.0.0.0/5           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  82.0.0.0/7           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  84.0.0.0/6           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  88.0.0.0/5           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  96.0.0.0/3           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  127.0.0.0/8          anywhere
logdrop    all  --  197.0.0.0/8          anywhere
logdrop    all  --  222.0.0.0/7          anywhere
logdrop    all  --  240.0.0.0/4          anywhere
logdrop    all  --  1.0.0.0/8            anywhere
logdrop    all  --  69.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  71.0.0.0/8           anywhere
logdrop    all  --  112.0.0.0/5          anywhere
logdrop    all  --  120.0.0.0/6          anywhere
logdrop    all  --  128.0.0.0/16         anywhere
logdrop    all  --  201.0.0.0/8          anywhere
logdrop    all  --  221.0.0.0/8          anywhere
logdrop    all  --  223.0.0.0/8          anywhere
logdrop    all  --  BASE-ADDRESS.MCAST.NET/4  anywhere

Chain shorewall (0 references)

Chain wap2fw (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:time
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:time
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp dpt:ntp
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW udp dpt:ntp
all2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain wap2net (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
newnotsyn  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp spt:ftp-data dpts:1024:65535 LOG level info prefix `Shorewall:wap2net:ACCEPT:'
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW tcp spt:ftp-data dpts:1024:65535
all2all    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Mike808/
--
() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your website!