Re: Browser disconnects with eBay

On Monday 02 September 2002 04:44 pm, you wrote:
> I'm behind a firewall, and pretty regularly, I'll get dropped connections
> with eBay, (cg1.ebay.com, pages.ebay.com, etc.). I'm behind a firewall, and
> doing SNAT (Typical outbound stuff - I run a 192.168 inside, and have a
> fixed IP outside).
>
> Does anyone else have these sorts of problems?

I turned off HTTP 1.1 (with keep-alive set) and turned on HTTP 1.0 (with
keep-alive). The panel said something about proxy servers having trouble with
HTTP 1.1 and pipelining. I'm thinking eBay is behind some reverse proxies,
and maybe they're not all that HTTP 1.1-friendly (or at least only the
Microsoft flavor of HTTP 1.1).

Since I did that, it mozilla doesn't drop the connection and die at all.

Mike808/
--
() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your website!