Re: I got a big disk

Tighe Schlottog wrote:
> it still does that even with the expert install?

Yup. Text mode too.

Anybody seen this? I flipped to the other screens in the text install to see
if they had any log info on why it was barfing.

Screen 1:
  Error mounting device hda3 as /: Invalid Argument.
  [OK] to Reboot.

Screen 4:
  <4>hda: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
  <4>hda: drive not ready for command
  [repeated off the top of the screen]
  <3>EXT3-fs: Magic mismatch, very weird !

Screen 5:
  mke2fs 1.27 (8-Mar-2002)
  OS Type: Linux
  Block Size=1024 (log=0)
  Fragment Size=1024 (log=0)
  12048 inodes, 48163 blocks
  2048 blocks (5%) reserved for Super-user.
  First data block=1
  6 block groups
  8192 blocks per group, 8192 fragments per group, 2008 inodes per group
  super block backups on 8193, 24517, 40961
  writing inode tables: done
  creating journal (4096 blocks): done
  writing superblocks: done

  e2label: Bad magic number in superblock while trying to open /dev/hda3
  couldn't find valid superblock
  e2label: Bad magic number in superblock while trying to open /dev/hda1
  couldn't find valid superblock

Anyone have any clues as to where to start looking or filing a bug report?

I also tried installing with the BIOS set to CHS:0/0/0.
Linux always sees drive geometry as 12161/255/63.
BIOS auto-detect always sees 47885/16/255.

Mike808/
--
() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your website!