Re: (more) RH 7.3

"Bob T. Kat" <bobkat79@charter.net> said:

> I loaded it last night, and I'll be wiping and reloading it tonight.
> Looks way to much like windows from a simple install, I'll be doing the
> individual package selection this time.  Give me my windowmaker, or a at
> least enlightenment. Other than that it looks rather impressive.

Aha.  Windowmaker is on my good list while Enlightenment is getting close to
being on my bad list; I haven't even touched KDE yet, and my Gnome desktop is
no more because of my replacing it with Ion
(http://www.students.tut.fi/~tuomov/ion/) for the need of something easily
navigable with a keyboard.  Laptop pointing devices suck.

It's just like most every other RH release, personally.  I just slapped a stock
laptop install on my laptop to fool around with and am quite pleased with it.
The only problem I'm having is speed, but that's because I 1) didn't recompile
certain things, and 2) have only 64MB worth of RAM in the school-supplied
trashbox.  Eh... what could you expect from hardware supplied to do work for a
school?

--
Nate Reindl  <<  OTHS Admin in Charge  <<  Resident Luser at Large
 '---> email:  alle gaan naar reindlnr bij apci punkt net