From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org
[mailto:silug-discuss-owner@silug.org] On Behalf Of Brune, Charlie
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 11:31 AM
To: 'silug-discuss@silug.org'
Subject: (more) RH 7.3

I just upgraded my boxes (3) to RH 7.3.

Notes:

-- The boot floppy (made from boot.img) produced a "signal 11" error
during the
startup of the install program.  I ended up using the boot.img floppy
from the
RH 7.2 CD.  It seemed to work fine with the 7.3 CD's.

-- Where the heck did linuxconf go?  It's no longer in the distribution.
I had
to install it from the 7.2 CD's because I have to specify the "3c502"
module to
get my really old Ethernet card to work.  Is there a way to do that in
7.3 that
doesn't involve my having to edit files directly?  (i.e., another config
program?)

-- KDE 3.0 is GREAT!!!!   VERY smooth, better quality of graphics.
Maybe it's
just me, but the desktop seems to be "sharper".

-- My digital camera works with no muss, no fuss.  It's a USB connection
and the
camera shows up as just another file system.  Maybe that capability has
been in
earlier releases, but I hadn't noticed.

Charlie  8-)