Re: Using mutt ...

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 05:33:51PM -0600 or thereabouts, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 11:20:05AM -0600, James L. Burke wrote:
> > Also, is there a way to reduce the learning curve on .muttrc?  I'm reluctant
> > to spend a lot of time creating a nifty .muttrc file and then decide mutt
> > isn't going to get the job done for me ... suggestions?
>
> Here's a few things I use in my muttrc (in no particular order):

Good stuff Steve... I love your use of the hooks.

I also use some other things in addition.

set mime_fwd=ask-yes

set pgp_verify_sig=ask-yes (this way, gpg does not automatically
download strange keys, that I will never use for people I don't know
well)

My headers are set up this way: Seems easier to manage.
# alternate method
ignore *
unignore From:
unignore To
unignore Date
unignore Subject
unignore Cc
unignore Reply-To
unignore Apparently-To
unignore X-Mailer
unignore X-Http-User-Agent
unignore User-Agent

I also have a macro to use on the fly xemacs if I want, instead of VIM.
macro index <f6> ':set editor="xemacs"'
macro pager <f6> ':set editor="xemacs"<enter>'

My VIM is set as follows.

set editor="vim -c 'set tw=72 et' -c ':0;/^$'" (to go to the first open
line right after the headers, as I do have headers set on, in case I
need to edit them..

set edit_headers

I will compare yours when I get some time.. Looks neet.

Gary