Using mutt ...

Hello all,

I've decided I'm interested in giving mutt a try as my mail reader.  I've
been MS Windows (TM) free for over 6 months now and I'm beginning to think I
could manage my email much quicker if I didn't have to point and click so
much.  Right now I'm using kmail and I've been relatively pleased with the
results.  Nevertheless, I'd like to give mutt a try for a few weeks.

Before I take this plunge, I thought I'd ask for some advice from the group.

First, any general suggestion regarding mutt are welcome.

Second ...

I can already see a problem with the way my email is set up ... even though
kmail uses the mbox format, kmail allows me to put folders inside other
folders on the kmail screen.  This turns out to be one file and all the
sub-folders and their contents seem to be ignored by mutt.  I can fix this by
moving all these mail messages to their own kmail folder (mbox file) ... any
better ideas?

Also, is there a way to reduce the learning curve on .muttrc?  I'm reluctant
to spend a lot of time creating a nifty .muttrc file and then decide mutt
isn't going to get the job done for me ... suggestions?

Lastly, same question with regard to mutt's compose screen ... vim.  I've
never spent the time to get as proficient with vi as I know I should be ...
any suggested links or tutorials to learn vi/vim?  (I'm embarrassed to admit
that all though I know there is already a tutorial for vi/vim on my box I
haven't been able to get it to run yet ... suggestions?)

Thanks,

jburke (Jim not Jason - Jason obviously wouldn't be asking this question and
I'd hate for anyone to think he'd somehow lost his mind and forgot how to use
vi and mutt ...)   ; )