RE: Hardware

-----Original Message-----
From:	Mark [SMTP:mark@bish.net]
Sent:	Wednesday, March 07, 2001 11:05 AM
To:	Southern Illinois Linux Users Group
Subject:	Hardware

So what is a good dual motherboard nowadays?

	I've been using an EPoX KP6-BS motherboard for about two years now.  It's
been rock solid.  Of course, I've only had one processor in it, but that's
just a minor detail, right?  It's a dual slot-1, so it's a bit outdated,
and it's only rated to 750 MHz.  It also takes PC100 SDRAM, BX chipset.
 Not quite state-of-the-art, but it's done fine by me.

	You could always wait a few months and get a board with the AMD 760MP
chipset, dual Athlon and DDR...

Nathan Yawn
yawn@emacinc.com