Re: Fedora 16 is released

Title:
I just downloaded the Fedora 16 64-bit iso a couple hours ago and burned it to disc. I'm trying to boot off the disc on my Dell XPS laptop. However, it fails to boot (just like Fedora 15 did), but with a different error message. The error message I got seemed to suggest it couldn't find the root partition on the disc. This is what it said:

dracut Warning: No root device "live:/dev/disk/by-label/Fedora-16-x86_64-Live-Desktop.is" is found

Dropping to debug shell.

sh: can't access tty: job control turned off
dracut:/#

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way around it? I don't know why I'm having so many problems on this Dell XPS laptop.  I just got it about 3 months ago and I've had a hell of a time getting it to boot from any Fedora live media, although it will boot from Scientific Linux media just fine.