Re: Linux firewalls and NAS

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 08:22:26PM -0500, Kevin Thomas wrote:
> I was just curious as to whether anyone ran a Linux firewall at home
> and/or a NAS?  I've been running Smoothwall Express for a few years
> now and I love it.  It blocks all kinds of nastiness that I never
> even knew I was being hit with when I was just behind my Netgear
> Wireless G router.

For home use, you should try Untangle sometime.

  http://www.untangle.com/

I started to go into what didn't work for me in a larger environment at
the last meeting, but I didn't really have time to get into it deep.  On
a home network, you definitely won't hit any of those limitations
though.  Just put it in bridged mode between your Internet connection
and your regular router.