Re: Fedora 11 repo

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 02:34:52PM -0500, Craig E Ziegel wrote:
> I was set to all the rawhide repos I am currently on fedora 12
> beta repos. I don't know what happened. my son is on fedora 11 beta as
> well. He did not have 500 updates. He is on Fedora 11 repos not 11.9
> can you or anyone please tell me how to get back to 11 repos and how to
> get rid of the 11.9 packages that where installed on my system
> yesterday about 475 or so 11.9 packages.

I know exactly what happened...  If you had done updates recently (in
the last month, maybe a little less), you would have got the
fedora-release-11 package installed, which would have made you track the
release version instead of rawhide.

It's not a major deal though (at least not if the system still boots :-).
All you need to do is the following:

  rpm -Uvh --oldpackage \
    http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/x86_64/os/Packages/fedora-release-11-1.noarch.rpm \
    http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/x86_64/os/Packages/fedora-release-notes-11.0.0-2.fc11.noarch.rpm

After that, you won't get rawhide content (unless you've manually changed
/etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo).  The rawhide packages you already have
shouldn't cause you any real headaches, but if they do, it's fairly easy
to back out of those too.

(618)624-4440             | See web site for meeting details.