Re: Triple booting with XP x64, Fedora x64, and Ubuntu x64.

Roger Hill wrote:
> This is just a thought, but why don't you just try setting up a VMware server ?
>
> I run all of those OS'es (and more) at the same time on a 64 bit dual core AMD Athlon box with 3 large hard drives in it, and about 3 GB of RAM.
>
> You have the option with virtualization to add more disks, memory, cpu's, take snapshots of your servers, etc.
>
> The "VMware Server", and now the "VMware ESXi Server" and  is free to download when you register at their site, you get the full version of their software.
>
> Just my $ 0.02 cents ... :-P

Can I install Vista from a backed up install into vmware or do I need
actual install disks?

I just got home and have a new laptop (Refurb Gateway P6831FX 17"
screen, 3G) that I need to back up since I didn't get install disks with it.

I would normally not even worry about it, but I may need to run Autocad
and some others windows programs on it.  Also I can not find a way to
our HP plotters via linux (topic for another thread).
So I want to have windows on it, but would love to have my linux for
most things.

Thanks,

Matt Wehland