Re: MythTv Update

As a matter of fact, yes!

However, my Mythbx is built with older parts (older MSI MB w/Northbridge and an AMD Athlon XP 2800+).  So, although I was getting HD video across firewire, is was extremely choppy at best.  The catch 22 wtih this setup was that I had to get the firewire setup going to get what I REALLY wanted out of it -- channel changing capability.

So, I could capture HD video, but it also severly dirsupted the ability to change channels for other programming.  Therefore, I had to disable HD video capture to use the channel changing function.  I know it's overkill to use a firewire cable to change channels on a cable box, but it's the only "open" port that Charter provided on the DCT-6200.  There is probably another way to make it all work, but I'm not too incredibly interested in capturing HD at this time (yet).

Cheers, Al Lopez