Announcing Fedora Core 4 test1 (fwd)

Oops, forgot to mention this...

----- Forwarded message from Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> -----

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:49:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com>
To: fedora-announce-list@redhat.com
Subject: Announcing Fedora Core 4 test1

It's time for the first test release in the Fedora Core 4 development
cycle.

FC4test1 is available for i386, x86_64, and (for the first time) PPC/PPC64!

You can download it via BitTorrent from http://torrent.linux.duke.edu/ (recommended)
		or
via HTTP/FTP from
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/3.90/ or any
of the fine Fedora mirrors listed at
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

Notable features of FC4test1 include:
	. gcc 4.0 as the primary system compiler
	. GNOME 2.10.0 Beta 2 included
	. The Eclipse IDE included along with some featured plugins
	. A solid foundation of Java packages for developers (ant, gcj, tomcat, struts, more classpath stuff)
	  and the ability to possibly run Java apps through gij.
	. Lots of package updates
	. Started movement of packages to Fedora Extras
	. Did I mention PowerPC support?

That said, this IS a test release, and I guarantee that there will be bugs
that will be annoying. Your help is needed to find and report those bugs
in bugzilla (http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/). Please also try
updating packages from the development tree, to see if the bugs are
already fixed there.

Questions? Comments? Rotten tomatoes? Send them my way!
-- Elliot