Re: Fedora Core 1 (was Re: review of Gentoo)

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 02:35:12PM -0600, Tim McDonough wrote:
> Last weekend I tried to upgrade my RH 8.0 System to Fedora Core 1
> and it failed also. I have used the same set of CDs to do an install
> on another machine without a problem.

That's just weird.  I haven't had a *single* install or upgrade fail.

When these things happen, you all really should enter a ticket into
bugzilla.redhat.com with as much information as possible.

> If you have instructions I can easily adapt to upgrading from RH 8
> using apt I'd like to see them as well.

Upgrading from Red Hat 8 with apt can be somewhat problematic because
of the buggy rpm.  If you can get past that, it's an easy upgrade.

I'll update my instructions and send it out tomorrow.