Re: review of Gentoo

I would agree with Nate, I don't see many companies allowing one to
install an XYZ distribution on a production system and run it.

It doesn't detract from the value of the distribution, and from what
experience can
probably be gained from using it / installing it . If it's a good product ,
swell !

Our company uses RedHat 9, and is exploring Fedora on "prototype servers".

just my 2 cents.

roger hill

             Nate Reindl
             <fiction@sdf.lone
             star.org>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  silug-discuss@silug.org
             silug-discuss-own                                          cc
             er@silug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: review of Gentoo
             03/22/2004 07:24
             PM

             Please respond to
             silug-discuss@sil
                  ug.org

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:03:26PM -0500, Drews, Jonathan* wrote:
> After all these years, I have finally found my new distribution: Gentoo
> Linux.

Whoever said that will learn otherwise once they find that they don't
have time anymore to screw around with maintaining a dynamic system
like Gentoo.  Trust me on this one. :)

Then again, I disagree totally about running Gentoo on a server.
Well, at least having it on a production box; that stuff should be
left to things like Red Hat (not even Fedora... yet) and Debian.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

"Du weisst doch, dass du es lesen willst, und mach was du musst, weil
es das einzige Ding wird, das du machen wirst."