/. article clarification

"What Linux can learn from Windows" - http://news.com.com/2010-7355-5172209.html?tag=nefd_gutspro

Could someone please help me understand what this guy is trying to say?

In summary, he is saying Linux should follow Microsoft's security model because MS so swiftly released service pack 2 for XP that was focused on security.  Am I missing something?  Is he kidding?  Is my browser stripping out </sarcasm> or something to that effect?

I slightly agree with comments pertaining to user interface, which was mainly composed of someone else's quote

"The problem isn't that the right things are technically difficult to do...The problem is that the (software) designers' attitude was wrong. They never stepped outside their assumptions." [Eric Raymond]

Maybe I am missing the point altogether.  Just curious what others here think of the article...